So, today’s also Thom Yorke’s birthday. I’ve always loved this episode of Space Ghost Coast to Coast with my birthday twin and Bjork. Really, how did the Earth not implode the day this was created? Amazing.
A cause for a ceremony…
October 7th is my love’s birthday—Thom Yorke, the singer of Radiohead. On October 6th, 2003, I saw for the first time Radiohead perform in Stone Mountain, Georgia. At one point in the evening, Thom Yorke sat at his piano looking into a magnified camera mounted directly in front of his face. His magnified, grinning face looked out over the crowd of thousands as he began to sing “Happy Birthday” as part of an intro into In Limbo. I felt as if he were looking directly into my eyes. To my knowledge, he has never sung Happy Birthday before a live audience on his birthday aside from that day in Stone Mountain. To this day, I pretend that he knew that I was in that crowd, a spec among thousands of specs. For October 7th is my birthday as well.
Phew, for a minute there, I lost myself…
Happy birthday, Thom.
That looks like a great idea! :-)
Birthdays are for sprinkles!
A certain gift arrives Wednesday!! I had to blur it and zoom a bit because he checks the blog… :-)
January 8th in History
- 1790: George Washington delivers first “State of the Union” address
- 1918: President Wilson outlines his4 points for peace after WWI
- 1918: Mississippi becomes first state to ratify the 8th amendment (prohibition). What were they thinking???
- 1959: Charles de Gaulle inaugurated as President of France
January 8th birthdays
- 1823: Alfred Russel Wallace, British zoologist
- 1891: Walther Bothe, German physicist
- 1912: Jose Ferrer, American actor
- 1935: Elvis Presley, American rock singer
- 1942: Stephen Hawking, English physicist/mathematician
- 1947: David Bowie, English rock singer and film actor
Happy birthday, Ashleigh Witt.
I hope it’s a fabulous celebration of many days to come.
Loving my new haircute! Many thanks to Kristin at Cline’s. She always does a fabulous job. It was a wonderful birthday! Now I’m off to Asheville for a while…